pumpkin crescents with cinnamon sugar

pumpkin crescents with cinnamon sugar www.climbinggriremountain.com

Me: “Yo, Yo, Yo! FALL is in the HIZ-OUSE!

Mr. Autumn: “Pssst. Hey, man! Keep it down over there. I’m trying to laying low. I don’t officially arrive until September 22nd.”

Me: “Say whutt? But Starbucks says you’ve arrived? Have you seen all the pumpkin lattes and frappuccino orders? It’s blowing up all sorts of pumpkin, yo.”

Mr. Autumn: “Fo’ reals? Man, I send them a memo ever year telling them not to sell pumpkin drinks until the 22nd.  Do they ever listen? I might have to go all West Side Story on them. Ya feel me?”

pumpkin crescents with cinnamon sugar www.climbinggriermountain.com

Okay, technically we still have a few more weeks until fall officially rolls out. In a small way, I feel I can wait because it’s so hot out  you could pull a baked potato out of the ground. I want to gradually fall into fall. Every year summer always hits us in the face with extreme temps; so I want to slowly enjoy adding layers of clothing and watching the leaves turn. Fall is my favorite season and this time around I plan on soaking it up pumpkin by pumpkin.

And speaking of pumpkin, you don’t think Mr. Autumn would mind if I made a little pre-sort-of-almost-fall treat, do you? You know, a little pumpkin tickle if you will. I have made these flaky buttery crescents in the past using sweet and dark blackberry jam as the filling.

pumpkin crescents with cinnamon sugar www.climbinggriermountain.com

Since we’re welcoming fall and all of it flavors, I figured it would be best to turn this summer dessert or breakfast pastry into fall acceptable. All the usual suspects are still there – crescent rolls, cream cheese (none of that faux-reduce kind either), butter, cinnamon, and sugar. I’m getting hungry just reading these words. All you do is switch out the pumpkin for the blackberry. Easy peasy.

These crescents create an insta-fall feeling, even if it’s so hot out  that hens are laying hard-boiled eggs.

What?

Someone send help.

Happy {almost} fall, friends!

pumpkin crescents with cinnamon sugar www.climbinggriermountain.com

Pumpkin Crescents with Cinnamon Sugar

Yield: 16 crescents

Cook Time: 12 minutes

2 packages store bought crescent roll dough
1/3 cup plain cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Open crescent roll package and separate dough into 8 triangles. Spread a teaspoon of cream cheese onto each triangle. Then spread about a teaspoon of pumpkin puree onto each triangle. Roll each triangle into a crescent form. Brush each top with melted butter and garnish with cinnamon and sugar. Place crescents onto a baking sheet. Repeat with second package. Bake for about 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown!

recipe adapted from the Roder Family Cookbook

33 Responses to “pumpkin crescents with cinnamon sugar”

Jamie @lifelovelemons — September 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm

What a warm, yummy fall recipe! And so easy, too!

• Lauren replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

Thanks, Jamie! I’m so glad fall is {almost} here:)

Tieghan — September 4, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Oh yeah!! I actually just made these.. well, sort of!

I am so into fall recipe and cannot wait to crack open more and more cans of pumpkin. These look awesome!

• Lauren replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

Me too! Bring on the pumpkin!

Kevin @ Closet Cooking — September 4, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Nice and easy to make and tasty!

• Lauren replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

Thanks, Kevin!

Erika — September 4, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Ohh now these looks tasty.. Love that convo you had with Autumn.. Next time, tell him to holla at summer and tell them to comeback soon.. :)

• Lauren replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 3:48 pm

Ha! Will do! Have a great rest of the day:)

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — September 4, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I am SOOOOOO ready for fall I don’t care what Mr. Autumn says. Give me all the pumpkin things!

• Lauren replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

Me too! BRING IT ON!!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — September 4, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Oh lordy, Lauren! Pumpkin + sugar + cinnamon + pastry? Can I live inside these, please?

• Lauren replied: — September 4th, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

Absolutely! It will be our little secret. Thanks, Georgia!

Jackie {The Beeroness} — September 4, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I’m with you, screw what the calendar says, if there’s football on TV and pumpkin lattes at Starbucks, it’s fall.
    Totally love these crescents, beautiful.

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 1:47 am

Thanks, Jackie and AGREED!! Bring on the pumpkin!

Ashley - Baker by Nature — September 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm

What a beautiful way to welcome Fall! Even if it’s not *officially here, yet ;) xo

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 1:48 am

Thanks, Ashley! I say screw the calendar, it’s fall baby!!

Eileen — September 4, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Yay, pumpkin! These guys sound like the perfect plan for the beginning of fall–maybe along with the new season apple cider? :)

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 1:49 am

Mmmm…I love me some apple cider. That would pair perfectly with these crescents! Thanks, Eileen!

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting — September 4, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I am freaking out these. I am calling for all pumpkin things right now!

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 1:50 am

Totally! Let the pumpkin craziness begin!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — September 4, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I just opened a fresh can of pumpkin today and I couldn’t be more geeked!!! PS: I want 50,203 of these.

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 2:04 am

Dude, it’s the best feeling in the world!! Bring on fall!

Emily @ Life on Food — September 4, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I am always happy for September because that is my birthday month but I also love fall for the leaves and the pumpkin. Keep the pumpkin recipes coming; this is a great start.

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 2:05 am

Thanks, Emily! And YAY for birthday months! Our anniversary is this month so September is one of my favs too!

Julie @ Table for Two — September 5, 2013 at 1:14 am

What a great treat to get started with fall baking!!

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 2:08 am

Thanks, Julie! Pretty pumped fall has arrived!

Joanne — September 5, 2013 at 1:20 am

With each passing day I’m getting more and more ready for fall! Especially after seeing these crescent rolls. LOVE how easy they are to throw together!

• Lauren replied: — September 5th, 2013 @ 2:09 am

Thanks, Joanne! They really are the perfect treat when you need a little fall on the go!

MEgan {Country Cleaver} — September 5, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I feel you, yo!! Pumpkin is in the Hizz-OUSEEEEE!!!! I keep telling myself to hold off a little longer on the pumpkin – but I just can’t help it – I opened up my first can of it last week – and it. is. AWNNNNN!!!! These are totally gonna be next.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — September 5, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I love the flavors and scents of fall! These crescents are a great start to fall baking!

DessertForTwo — September 5, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I’ve decided that I have pumpkin-itis. And the only cure is to start early in September! :)

Sheila — September 6, 2013 at 1:03 pm

BRING. It. ON! I love pumpkin everything.