off to work i go

I was feeling motivated this morning. No clue why. I stayed up later then usual last night to watch Crazy Heart with Mr. B. Great movie. Of course it only took me a year and a half to finally watch this movie, but who’s judging? All I know is that Jeff Bridges rocks!

As I was lying in bed last night reviewing my day while trying to keep Mr.B from cuddling with me, I had an idea of writing a post about my morning routine. Brilliant. Okay, maybe not brilliant but I thought you might enjoy. If anything, you can always laugh at how big of a tool I am. In fact, I encourage it:)

My alarm goes off at 6:15am. Do I get out of bed? No. 6:20am. Still not out of bed. 6:45am, I realize that all my hopes of getting stuff done in the morning have just dwindled. So I stumble out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. I take a shower at night so getting ready in the morning requires minimal effort.

A little blow dry action to straighten out the crazy waves, a quick curl job, make-up, and brushing of the teeth…twenty minutes and I am done.

After my professional make-over, I prance to the kitchen to make breakfast. Luv me some breakfast. I usually make some kind of egg with a side of toast, fruit, and a small glass of skim milk. Here’s what I had today:

While I cook breakfast, I assemble my lunch for the day. I started bringing my lunch because it saves money and the closest place to eat by my work requires you to drive. Annoying.

When my shenanigans are over in the kitchen I finish getting dressed, kiss Mr.B goodbye and head out the door.

I probably should explain that getting to work consists of three parts:

1. The walk to Starbucks. I figure since I ride the bus then it’s completely justifiable to buy a warm cup of coffee from SBUX.  Plus, I have made friends with all the workers and I can’t quit a friendship. That would be r-u-d-e.

2. Catching the 16th street mall shuttle. Once I have my SBUX in hand, I walk out to Market street to ride the free mall shuttle. This shuttle is complete social suicide but since I am in heels and not awake, I consider myself hazardous in the morning so the shuttle wins. It takes about 5 minutes to get to my next stop.

3. Civic Center Station. Or what I like to call, The Crazy Station. This is were I catch my final bus, the 83L to take me to Cherry Creek. While I am waiting for the bus to pull into the gate, I usually catch up on the news and then do a lot of people watching. Once I’m on the bus it takes about 15 minutes to get to my office building.

(On a side note: I took pictures of the bus station today and I kid you not, I was stopped by Deputy Dewey asking me to quit taking pictures. I was like, what? Apparently you are supposed to get permission to take photos of the bus station. I tried to explain to him that I am an important blogger but he took my information anyways. Whatevs. I know he just wanted me digits.)

I eventually arrive at work and then do the whole process again only in reverse for the ride home. Even though riding the bus sucks at times, it really isn’t that bad overall. I highly suggest trying it out if you have bus route near you.

Trust me, you won’t regret it.