pumpkin on the fly
Well, it happened again this morning.
I am not kidding when I say, it sounds like they are drilling a hole to China.
Hmmm….what if they are? What if Communism is back? I guess that would be weird. Remember the McCarthy raids? Wait. I wasn’t alive for that. Remember when the Berlin wall came down? Shoot. I was only five when that happened.
Um, disregard everything I just said.
Other than the drilling and banging, I actually had a lovely morning.
Breakfast today was all about pumpkin.
I picked up a couple of real pumpkins from the store the other day. Aren’t they cute? I used to love visiting pumpkin patches when I was a little girl. Um, scratch that. I still love to visit pumpkin patches. Anybody want to go? I will buy you some apple cider. Spiked? You got it!
Since I have been trying to eat oats at least once a week, I figured why not get in the pumpkin spirit and make a pumpkin smoothie.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
– 1/3 cup oats
– 1/2 pumpkin puree
– 1/3 yogurt
-1 tablespoon chia seeds
– 1/2 cup milk
– pinch salt
– pinch cinnamon
– pumpkin granola, garnish
– almond butter, garnish
– Put all ingredients into a blender, except the pumpkin, and store overnight. Do not blend. In the morning, add some more milk, pumpkin, and then blend away! Top with pumpkin granola and peanut butter!
Mmmm….tastes just like pumpkin pie. Only better.
As I drove to work today, my thoughts were everywhere:
– Why is it so warm?
– These Me Too flats are too small.
– I need a bulldog.
– I love our new Jeep.
– Maybe our Jeep could use some truck nuts? No. that’s weird.
– That guy riding that scooter looks weird.
– I need new ski bindings.
– Do I go to Target before of after boot camp?
I know very thought provoking.
Anyways, todays outfit was super cute. Well, at least I thought. What do you think?