ten tailgating approved chili recipes
One of my favorite times of the year.
There’s nothing like rooting for my Alma-mater on a Saturday afternoon with a group of friends while sipping a few beers in a parking lot. The smell of fall in air. The smell of victory at your fingertips. But the most important smell of all, tailgating food. I am a sucker for the usual suspects – burgers, brats, and nachos. However, there is one dish that always scores a touchdown, chili.
When it comes to chili, nothing is off limits. Beans or no beans? Beef or chicken? Veggies or no veggies?. Everything but the kitchen sink chili? You got it. I am partial to old school chili that Mr. B makes every year. Funny factoid: my friend Listy entered his chili recipe into a work chili cook-off and it won first prize!
Anyways, if you love tailgating and chili, but don’t know what to make. Below are 10 Tailgating Approved Recipes from some food bloggers that will have you scoring the game wining touchdown! Ready, set, ladle!
1. Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Chili – Fit Foodie Finds
2. Slow Cooker Tijuana Chili - Climbing Grier Mountain
3. 5 Ingredient Easy White Chicken Chili - Gimme Some Oven
4. 30 Minute Spicy Ancho Turkey Chili - Pinch Of Yum
5. Spicy Chorizo and Poblano Chili - Fabtastic Life
6. Spicy Texas Chili – Penney Lane
7. BBQ Chicken Chili - Skinnytaste
8. Best Damn Chili - Noshing with the Nolands
9. Chili Mac - Hungry Couple
10. Jalapeno Lime Black Bean Texas Chili - Half Baked Harvest