Pomegranate Rum Punch
Ring in the New Year with a glass of Pomegranate Rum Punch! Rum, champagne, orange juice, and pomegranate mixed together make for a delightful cocktail!
Happy (almost) New Year!
Are you ready?
I must say that 2016 has been one giant blur. Do you feel the same way? One minute it’s January and I’m hosting a fabulous Golden Globes Party with Lindt Chocolate. The next it’s April and I’m in Portland, L.A. and Louisiana touring Avery Island with Tabasco.
All of sudden it’s summer and Mr. B and I are off to Scotland where I became an international fly fisher. Then I took my Mom to Napa Valley for a much needed girls weekend. Followed by attending the Cherry Festival in Traverse City, Michigan. Oh, and somehow I managed to visit Alaska, Saint Croix, and Grand Rapids before the year ended.
I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to visit every single one of these destinations. It’s been a big year of growth for Climbing Grier Mountain and I am grateful to you guys for following along with me on this journey. Keeping my fingers crossed that 2017 will include even more travel and of course, delicious recipes!
Even though 2016 was a little crazy, I am looking forward to a new start. And with any new start comes a few resolutions or goals. Here is what I’m proposing for 2017:
1) Recipe VIDEOS. Have effing mercy. I am the slowest person when it comes to implementing new ways of doing things. That is going change! I’m on it friends, Scouts Honor!
2) Live on Instagram & Facebook. I need to connect more. Be prepared to see my mug more on a “LIVE” basis. Don’t be scared. I’ll wear deodorant.
3) Connect more with local entrepreneurs. Community is one of the biggest components of owning your own business. I want to branch out to others who are doing not just food blogging, but travel, artists, restaurant owners, magazines, etc. I think it’s wise to always have a third party perspective.
4) Make meals for those in need. I have a special place in my heart for those who are suffering, especially people who have loved ones in hospice care or a women’s domestic violence shelter. A warm, delicious meal goes a long way when you are emotional depleted.
5) TOP SECRET. Wait. Can one have a top secret goal? I say, YES! This one has been a more recent goal, but something I can’t share until the beginning of the new year. I am teasing the shit out of you right now. Sorry. BUT! I promise the anticipation will be worth the wait. Cue maniacal laugh.
Now, I can’t purpose new goals for 2017 and not have a proper toast. Mark my words friends, next year will be the year of rum. Yes, bourbon will always remain a bar staple, but be prepared for tiki bars and rum mixtures.
I figured why not get the rum PAR-TAY started and make a festive rum drink. Well, this isn’t a single rum drink per say. It’s more like a rum swimming pool. YOU GUYS. Punch bowls are back. Why did we ever let a giant, booze filled vessel vanish from the party scene? Whatever the reason, I’m glad it’s back.
This Pomegranate Rum Punch is great for ringing in the New Year, but also easy to make for any impromptu gathering. You know the punch drill. Pour everything, but the kitchen sink into the bowl and BOOM! Party punch in 3, 2, 1…..
So, I’d like to purpose a toast. Here’s to 2017 and all that awaits. May we find the courage to be patient, but have enough curiosity to explore it and may our dreams become reality. Cheers, and Happy (almost New Year!)
Pomegranate Rum Punch
- 3 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups orange juice, chilled
- 2 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
- 2 cups rum
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup sparkling wine
- 2 cups seltzer
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Orange slices for garnish
- Fill a large punch bowl 3/4 way with ice. Next, add in the pineapple juice, orange juice, pomegranate juice, rum, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Pour in the sparkling wine, seltzer, and pomegranate seeds. Ladle some of the punch into a glass and garnish with orange slices.