Vegetarian Brussels Sprout Bake with Parmesan & Pomegranates
Vegetarian Brussels Sprout Bake with Parmesan & Pomegranates is the perfect side or main for Thanksgiving!
Here we go.
What did you think of the Three Make Ahead Dips? I am obsessed with each one because they all provide a different flavor and texture. My hope for these dips was to provide a little somethin’, somethin’ to your Thanksgiving situation besides your basic cheese and meat board. Plus, let’s be real making these ahead is the best part!
Okay, for day two I heard you guys needed more vegetarian dishes. I wanted to make a side that could still hold its own as a main too. Again my goal for this week was to keep things simple and delicious. I truly believe that Thanksgiving should be spent with family and friends and not hovering over a stove all day.
With that said, this Vegetarian Brussels Sprout Bake with Parmesan & Pomegranates comes together quickly. Simply saute brussels sprouts, add cheese (and cream!), pomegranates and bake. The flavors taste sophisticated without being complicated to put together. Can you say wining?
Stay tuned because tomorrow I’m sharing three oven-less sides that you don’t want to miss! Also, if you guys make a dish this week or next make sure to tag: #CGMthanksgiving so I can see what you made!
Vegetarian Brussels Sprout Bake with Parmesan & Pomegranate
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. In a large oven-safe skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the the shallots, garlic, Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and then pour in the cream. Top the Brussels sprouts with parmesan, white cheddar and pomegranates. Place the skillet into the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until nice and bubbly! Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!