Chili Cheese Dog Baked Sliders
Chili Cheese Dog Baked Sliders are a fun and easy twist on traditional chili cheese dogs. Baked and ready to go in minutes!
What’s your favorite part about summer?
I asked myself this the other day and a million ideas came flooding into my brain. How can one decide?
Compared to winter, summer takes the cake. For me, I want to spend every waking minute outside doing anything and everything. I can thank my mother for that.
One summer the electrician guy accidentally cut the cable. Well, instead of having someone out to fix said cable my mother decided to keep it off the entire summer. EFFING BOLD if you ask me. Three almost teenagers at home the whole summer with no cable connection. Come to think of it this should be a Reality TV Show.
Anyway, at first my brothers and I bitched and moaned about not being able to watch TV. The thing is we weren’t even watching something riveting like Game of Thrones. I remember watching Judge Judy or some mind melting show that wasn’t good at all. So, if we couldn’t watch “our shows”, what the hell were we going to do all summer?” My mothers reply, “Go build a fort.”
The first week we protested. I don’t know how my mom blocked us out, but she did. And somehow by the second week we took our bitchy-ness outside and never looked back. Come to think of it I don’t think we spent anytime indoors that summer. We ran around the neighborhood with other kids, jumped on the trampoline, built forts (HA!), and just explored. It was was one of the best summers ever.
So when I say I want to spend every waking minute outside this summer, I am serious. And the best way to keep my energy levels up while remaining true to the summer Gods is by making these Chili Cheese Dog Baked Sliders. That’s right. It’s a chili cheese dog, but in slider form. Which actually works out better because inserting a whole hot dog into your mouth is all kinds of awkward.
This version makes it much less sexual. Don’t worry the flavor is still there and might say even easier to make. Everything is assembled and baked into one casserole dish. Make a batch as a snack or for a large gathering. Although, best served after completion of a fort.
Chili Cheese Dog Baked Sliders
- 12 slider buns
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 15oz. can prepared chili (*I use Amy’s)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet non-stick cooking spray.
- Take the bottom halves of the slider buns and place them into the baking dish. Scatter half of the cheese over the slider buns.
- Next, take a hot dog and slice it lengthwise, but not all the way through. Lay the hot dog over the cheese. Repeat with remaining five hot dogs.
- Now divide the prepared chili over the hot dogs followed by the white onion and remaining cheese. Place the top buns on top.
- Brush the tops of the slider buns with the melted butter followed by a sprinkle of the garlic powder. Bake the sliders for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.