{appreciation post} at the table with mr. b

Howdy, friends!

Today we are mixing things up on CGM. A group of fellow food bloggers and I are going behind the blogger scene to bring you a day dedicated to our significant others. That’s right! You know that saying, “it takes a village to raise a family?” Well, it may not take an entire village to keep a food blog up and running, but it does take extra set of hands and emotional support to keep these recipes H-O-T.

We are taking a moment to sit down with our sous chef/hand model/editor/food therapist and ask them a few questions. Put them in the spotlight for a change. After all, we couldn’t do it without you!

securedownload

Here is my little Q&A with my hubs, Mr.B. Enjoy!

1) What is your favorite blog called?

I don’t really read any other blogs besides Climbing Grier Mountain. Do I get bonus points for that answer?

2) What is your favorite prop?

Newspaper!

3) What is the weirdest thing you have seen your spouse do for a blog post?

Watching her walk on top of the table while photographing food. I’m pretty sure she should be wearing a harness of some sorts.

4) If you could have your own blog what you call it?

Geek in Wolves Clothes – it would be about my travels and everyday shenanigans

5) What do you do for a living and what are your hobbies?

Job: I’m an international consultant for oil and natural gas

Hobbies: I play the guitar, fix cars and motorcycles, snow ski, fly fish, and mountain bike.

6) Who does the dishes in your household?

SHE DOES! Although, I am a great sous chef, so I try and help in the kitchen as much as possible.

7) What’s your favorite meal that Lauren cooks?

Most people will think this is strange, but I love her brussel sprout hash

8) Team Tater Tot or Team French Fry?

“Gimme ur tots Napoleon. . .”, definitely Team Tot.

9) What is the one thing you’ve learned being married to a food blogger?

Food Patience. Whenever we are at a restaurant I always remind myself that the food will be photographed before we eat. I’ve also learned about the social media world and how people network through each platform. It’s quite fascinating.

Make sure and check out the rest of the food bloggers Q&A appreciation posts! A round of applause for all the significant others!

Lauren from Keep It Sweet Desserts made M&M Kit Kat Cake

Rachel from Rachel Cooks made Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Shanna from Pineapple & Coconut made Best Ever Chicken Enchiladas

Meaghan from The Decorated Cookie made Homemade SpaghettiOs

Amy from Very Culinary shared a Fabulous Video!

Liz from The Lemon Bowl made Lebanese Meat Pies (Sfeehas)

Cassie from Bake Your Day made Something Fabulous

Erin from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts shared a Round up of Hubbies Favorites

Rachel from Set the Table made Mexican Chocolate Shake

Julie from Julie’s Eats and Treats made Something Fabulous

Stefani from Cupcake Project made Graham Cracker Waffle Cones

Katerina from Diethood made Something Fabulous

Betsy from Java Cupcake made Something Fabulous

72 Responses to “{appreciation post} at the table with mr. b”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — September 12, 2013 at 13:00

Ah the world of a food blogger… glad to know I’m not the only one getting in crazy positions for photos!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:42

I know! I swear we should have classes on safety or something. LOL!!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — September 12, 2013 at 13:03

TEAM TATER TOT!!! Fist pump to the hubs!!!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:43

#fistpumping #tots4life

Amy @Very Culinary — September 12, 2013 at 13:06

sous chef/hand model/editor/food therapist – riiiight?? And the photo taking. We’re all crazy! He’s a cutie. Love love loving these.

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:43

God bless our hubbies!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — September 12, 2013 at 13:30

So cute! Love this Lauren. But I have to say, I disagree with Mr. B on one point…team french fry! Unless they are sweet potato tots. Then, all bets are off.

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:45

Thanks, Erin! And sweet potato tots all the way!!

Betsy @JavaCupcake — September 12, 2013 at 13:56

You’re hubby is super handsome!! I love the scruff!

PS… No ones allowed to eat before I take pictures of the DESSERT when we go out!!! ;)

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:45

Why, thank you! And I am glad I’m not the only photo nazi!

Amanda — September 12, 2013 at 13:57

Mr.B is adorable. Tell him to start that blog… I know I would read it and my husband would love it! :)

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:46

Thanks, Amanda! I keep telling him too! Maybe someday!

Rachel Cooks — September 12, 2013 at 14:05

Hahaha “food therapist!”
    Loved this interview!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:46

Thanks, Rachel! Our hubbies are the best!!

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me — September 12, 2013 at 14:16

Brussels sprout hash is a fantastic answer! I’ll have some too please! And after reading half of these posts I have decided that a food blogger furniture climbing harness would make a million dollars.

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:47

Yesssss! We definitely need to go into the harness business or provide some sort of safety classes:)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — September 12, 2013 at 14:17

Farva, if you say Shenanigans one more time, I’m gonna pistol whip you.

Hey Farva, what’s that restaurant with all that ISH on the wall?

You mean, Shenanaigans?

Sorry- I had a moment…. Nice to officially e-meet you B-man!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:48

BAHAHAHA! You know that’s one of our favorite movies. Great drinking game! Every time they say Rabbit, take a drink! I heart you, friend!!

Zainab @ Blahnik Baker — September 12, 2013 at 14:29

What a great interview!! So cute. I need to refer my husband to the “food patience” advice :)

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:49

Thank you, Zainab! Food patience is definitely something he had to learn the hard way:)

Courtney @ Neighborfood — September 12, 2013 at 14:39

Such a clever blog name! Man, what would we do without the helping hands and patience spirits of these hubbies? Such a blessing!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:49

Amen to that, Courtney! They really are true blessing:)

Stef — September 12, 2013 at 14:45

Adorable. And now I want to try that brussel sprout hash? Is the recipe on the blog?

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:51

Thanks, Stef! And for some crazy reason I’ve never blogged about the brussel sprout hash. Clearly I need to action this immediately!

Shanna@ pineapple and coconut — September 12, 2013 at 15:47

DYING at ” Gimme your tots” No. I’m freakin’ starved. I didn’t get to eat anything today…. ha ha ha ha

LOVE this!! Your hubs is awesome! If we ever make it back out to CO we need to hook up to go skiing/snowboarding!!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:50

LOL!! I knew you would like the tot reference! And yes, totally should shred together sometime:)

Kristy @ Sweet Treats & More — September 12, 2013 at 16:48

Love it Lauren! Our husbands could be biking buds:)

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:50

Fo’ sure! Bike buddies for life:)

Meaghan — September 12, 2013 at 16:49

Hee hee, “food patience.” Smart and sweet man!! :) Love this.

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:51

Thanks, Meaghan! Food patience is something we’ve had to work on over time:)

Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats — September 12, 2013 at 16:59

A harness! Ya…that’s pretty awesome! I now I’m craving some TOTS!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:52

Ha! Me too! Tots for life:)

Ashley - Baker by Nature — September 12, 2013 at 18:32

Such a cute lil post, girl!!! xo

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 19:52

Thanks, chica! I hope you are having a great day!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — September 12, 2013 at 20:57

Love that both of our hubbies would have a travel blog! Great interview!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 22:33

Ditto! I’m thinking it’s a Colorado thing:)

Rachael @ Set the Table — September 12, 2013 at 21:18

Um, I’m sorry- brussels sprout hash??? Yes please! Love your blog- so glad this appreciation day lead me here!

• Lauren replied: — September 12th, 2013 @ 22:33

Thank you, Rachael! I enjoyed e-meeting you too!! Your blog is gorgeous!

Emily @ Life on Food — September 12, 2013 at 23:00

Hehe walking on the table is the best!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — September 12, 2013 at 23:18

Food Model – yes! And I would have totally said newspaper was your favorite prop – love that!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — September 13, 2013 at 01:00

Ha, the patience about the waiting for food. SO TRUE!! :)

Tanya Schroeder — September 13, 2013 at 01:12

What a great picture! I love that he learned patience. That is such a good trait! I am so excited to be visiting your blog! This has been so much fun!

Julie @ Table for Two — September 13, 2013 at 01:13

Loving these hubby posts, so sweet!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — September 13, 2013 at 01:37

Has anyone ever told you that you husband looks like the actor from Psych? Love these posts, so darn sweet.

Joanne — September 13, 2013 at 02:13

Aww your husband is such a cutie! And i love that you stand on tables and he worries about you…I do the same thing! And the.boy yells at me. Always.

Diane {Created by Diane} — September 13, 2013 at 05:57

oh that brussel sprout hash sounds good to me. I’m having fun getting to know everyone and reading what their hubby’s have to say about blogging.

Jamie | Thrifty Veggie Mama — September 13, 2013 at 18:23

Great post! Brussels sprout hash sounds yummy!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — September 14, 2013 at 19:42

Ooh! Finally a husband who had an answer for the blog name question. Nice! :)

And I like that he used the word shenanigans. ;)

Kate@Diethood — September 15, 2013 at 00:57

If it wasn’t for these hubby posts, I would not have met your beautiful blog!!! So glad to have come by here!
    I love his answers. Looks like most of our hubbies find it weird that we climb up on a table while photographing food. :)

Nikki @Seeded at the Table — September 15, 2013 at 15:45

How did it take me this long to finally comment?! The day got away from me! :) Your hubs is super cute! (Can I say that??) ;) Love that he has interest in the social networking side of food blogging! But, I gotta say, I’m team french fries…sorry dude! :)

Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet — September 18, 2013 at 04:31

Yes, “Food Patience”…the things we put our poor hubbies through! Lovely post, Lauren!

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — September 18, 2013 at 19:21

Team tots rules!!

laurasmess — October 2, 2013 at 03:40

Aw, I want to do one of these with my hubby now! Haha… I try and be as painless as possible to him (though he’s a generous sort… sometimes he’s actually like *fork poised* “Do you want to take a photo first?” when I try to spare him!). Your Mr B is lovely. So glad that you guys have each other to bounce ideas off. And I would totally read his blog… just for the title :)
    P.S just found your blog today via Rachel Cooks. Love it. You’re beautiful inside and out! xx

money currency converter calculator online — March 17, 2014 at 14:34

Some of them are very beautiful and expensive with braided trunks.
    The amount of quick cash loan can alter between $50 to $ 1,000 relying
    on the banks and the state in which you apply
    for it. However, many people that keeping their cash linked
    up for prolonged or generating lower interest failures the objective of keeping and
    having entry to resources when needed. Each time, the live studio audience seems equally emotionally invested in
    the family’s dilemma. By using the multiple transfer method,
    you can transfer money to more than one beneficiary or another EPAY
    account holder.