Surprise!!!! Happy Baby Shower, Liz!!
I am so fist-pumping, throwing your tots in the air and wave them like I just don’t care excited to celebrate Liz and her soon-to-be bundle of joy #2 today! Liz is the talented author behind the beautiful and healthy food blog, The Lemon Bowl. I had the pleasure of not only meeting Liz in real life at BlogHer Food this year, but we were also roomies in the infamous bardo. How we survived a fun filled foodie weekend in Austin, while enduring the #condocurse is still a mystery!
Liz is an absolute gem. Her wealth of knowledge when it comes to life, food blogging, and overall shenanigans, makes me eternally grateful that I get to call her my friend. Not only is she a two-snaps around the world friend, her recipes are killer. I am completely smitten with her garlic-soy marinade, steamed pork dumplings, and chicken shawarma. I’m getting hungry just thinking of the endless possibilities. Plus, she totally bats for Team Tot so naturally we are kindred spirits.
So today, 15,342 food bloggers and I are catering this shower with the best lemon themed appetizers, entrees, desserts, and mocktails. Yours truly went the ol’ appetizer route because I knew exactly what I wanted to make for the queen of lemons.
Aren’t these lemon cups the cutest darn tootin’ things? GAH! If I could fill them with sunshine and lollipops and not look like a major tool shed, I totally would. Instead, I figured I should keep them healthy and whip up some cauliflower mashed “potatoes.”
If you haven’t had cauliflower mashed potatoes, they are a great lower carb alternative than regular potatoes. You make them the exact same way and truth be told, they taste the same too! Can I get a whut, whut?!!
Happy Baby Shower, Liz! You’re our number one prego stunner!
Make sure and check out the rest of the baby shower catering crew:
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes" in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
Smoked paprika, garnish
Place cauliflower in a saucepan filled with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender about 10 minutes. Strain cauliflower and place florets into a food processor. Add the milk, butter, sour cream, garlic powder, and a pinch of s&p. Puree until smooth. Add more milk if needed. Place puree in a Ziploc bag. Cut a bottom corner of the bag and piper into lemon cups.
To make the lemon cups: Take a lemon and slice about a quarter of the way down removing the top. Take a knife and run along the edges of making it easy to scoop out the flesh. Scoop out the flesh and then pat the inside dry removing any juice. Pipe the cauliflower mashed potatoes into the lemon cups and garnish with chives and smoked paprika.