blood orange bourbon fizz with fried sage

blood orange bourbon fizz with fried sage www.climbinggriermountain.com

Happy Galentine’s Day!!

Oh, shoot. Well, I’ve up and dunnnnn it again.

Where are my manners?

I should politely ask, have you heard of Galentine’s Day? No!? Well, honey, let me fill you on all the juicy secrets. Galentine’s Day is a very special, girl-power day created by the wonderful and hysterical folks at Parks and Recreation. This video will explain everything.

blood orange bourbon fizz with fried sage

Basically, it’s a way to 86 the men for the day and celebrate friendship and other shenanigans with some BAMF ladies in our lives, before the other “tine” holiday appears. Make sense? Good.

Let’s celebrate Galentine’s Day in style! Mr. B is a pureist when it comes to his two fingers of bourbon; however, I thought I would add a little LG twist to my glass full of rye. Squeeze a little blood-orange juice to give it a sassy color twist- then fill ‘er up with a bubbly of your choice. The piece de’ resistance, is fried sage. Can I get a what-what?

blood orange bourbon fizz with fried sage

Make sure and check out the other fab ladies! And also head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration!

Galentine’s Day Drinks

Blood Orange Bourbon Fizz with Fried Sage from Lauren of Climbing Grier Mountain

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Martini from Shanna of Pineapple and Coconut

Ladies’ Night Rum Punch from Lindsay of The Live In Kitchen

Galentine’s Day Brunch

Sweet Potato Cornmeal Waffles with Bourbon Cream and Pecan Butter from Susan of Girl in the Little Red Kitchen

Chocolate Dipped Donuts from Angie of Big Bear’s Wife

Lemon and Ginger Scones from Lauren of Healthy. Delicious.

Beet, Blood Orange, and Chèvre Salad from Lori of Foxes Love Lemons

Galentine’s Day Desserts

Piña Colada Cupcakes from Courtney of Neighborfood

Strawberry Chocolate Dessert Bars from Marly of Namely Marly

Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting from Nancy of Gotta Get Baked

One Layer Fudge Cake from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Double Strawberry Angel Food Cake with Whipped Vanilla Creme Fraiche from Cynthia of Two Red Bowls

Dark Chocolate Pistachio Ice Cream with Candied Bacon Bits from Steph of Girl Versus Dough

Fruity Dessert Pizza from Morgan of Peaches Please

Secret-Ingredient Chocolate Pecan Bites (Gluten Free!) from Karen of The Food Charlatan

DIY Cheesecake Parfait Bar from Heather of Heather’s Dish

blood orange bourbon fizz with fried sage www.climbinggriermountain.com

Blood Orange Bourbon Fizz with Fried Sage

Yield: Serves 2

Cook Time: 5 minutes

2 shots bourbon
2 tablespoons blood orange juice
Prosecco

for the fried sage:
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 fresh sage leaves

In a glass, pour 1 shot of bourbon, a squeeze of blood orange juice, and fill the rest with Prosseco for one drink. Garnish with sage. Cheers.

for the fried sage:
Preheat olive oil in a small skillet to medium-high heat. Add sage leaves and fry on both sides about 2 to 3 minutes total. Place on a paper towel to cool and to drain off any additional grease.

45 Responses to “blood orange bourbon fizz with fried sage”

DessertForTwo — February 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

This is my ideal drink! It has all my favorite things! I must make this! Stat! Ok, fine, after 8am!

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

Ha! It’s 5pm somewhere, right? Cheers!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — February 13, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I’m all over this drink and I’m pretty sure my hubby is too.

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

Yeah buddy! Cheers to bourbon!

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — February 13, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I’ll drink to that!! Happy Galentine’s Day, friend!

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

Indeed! Salud!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — February 13, 2014 at 2:14 pm

What a gorgeous drink. Love!

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

Thank you, Brenda!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — February 13, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Beeeee…utiful! :) Love the fried sage garnish! You’re making me less and less scared of bourbon drinks.

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 3:20 pm

Gurrrl, you gotta join the bourbon band wangon. You’ll love it!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — February 13, 2014 at 2:30 pm

How fun! Love the drink, and the fried sage is genius!

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 3:21 pm

Thanks, Erin!

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — February 13, 2014 at 3:08 pm

This looks lovely! My husband always has bourbon around, I love the idea of hijacking it for our girly party!

• Lauren replied: — February 13th, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

Thank you, Lindsay!

Heather || Heather's Dish — February 13, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Girlfriend. YES. I’ll take 2…maybe 3 ;)

Liz — February 13, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Lauren, what a magnificent cocktail for Galentine’s Day! Beautiful!

Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — February 13, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Try as I might, I just can’t love bourbon… but all of the other components of this drink? OH YES.

Marly — February 13, 2014 at 3:47 pm

This drink takes the cake! So happy to be celebrating Galentine’s Day with you virtually…the only thing that would make it better is if we were all celebrating together in person!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — February 13, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Gorgeous cocktail! And the fact that it includes blood orange and fried sage (possibly my favorite thing on earth), well, I’m just smitten. Love the idea of Galentine’s Day. :)

Karen @ The Food Charlatan — February 13, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I am obsessed with fried sage! This is beautiful Lauren! Happy G-Day :)

Courtney @ Neighborfood — February 13, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Love that pop of orange in these! And fried sage? I am totally on board. I so wish we could be knocking back a few cocktails and giant slices of chocolate cake today, but celebrating virtually is the next best thing. So glad you could join the party!

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — February 13, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I’m so glad I’m meeting new bloggers through our Galentine’s Day Party. Lauren, holy whoa, I need this drink right now (and it’s only 9am!). Bourbon (I love), blood orange (yum), prosecco (hells yeah) and fried sage?! Amazing! Your photography is gorgeous too. Happy Galentine’s Day!

Eileen — February 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Fried sage in a bourbon drink?? WELL. One or two of these might have to make an appearance this weekend at my house!

Shanna @ pineapple and coconut — February 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm

LOVE love love blood orange and bourbon together. Have you tried Solerno blood orange liqueur yet? Its amazing and so good with bourbon!! Good think I got some blood oranges from the farmers market yesterday – I know what I am drinking tonight!!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — February 13, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Happy Galentine’s Day!!!! This drink looks amazing! I love the photos in the post too!

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — February 13, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Galentine’s Day is one seriously fabulous idea – love this!! fried sage in bourbon? this needs to be the new cocktail thing

Kathryn — February 13, 2014 at 9:45 pm

1) I totally love the idea of galantines day – genius.
    2) These cocktails! So good. That little fried sage just puts it over the top amazing.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 13, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Bourbon AND prosecco? Oh, you’re a girl after my own heart. This will be waiting for me in July, after baby comes!

Susan — February 13, 2014 at 10:06 pm

You definitely have a what what from me! How about I bring the waffles, you bring the drink?

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — February 14, 2014 at 2:22 am

Yeah this is SO happening, like, the day after I have a baby.

Megan {Country cleaver} — February 14, 2014 at 2:52 am

Girlfriend – you KNOW the way to my heart!! Is that a bottle of Pendleton I see? SLURP!!!!

Joanne — February 14, 2014 at 3:01 am

We all know a ladies’ brunch isn’t complete without a good cocktail! And anything with citrus and herbs sounds good to me..they’re my favorite way to liquor it up these days.

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemonso — February 14, 2014 at 2:27 pm

1. I’m so happy to have found your blog through our Galantine’s Day Party.
    2. BEAUTIFUL photos. They are just stunning.
    3. My hubby concocted me a blood orange-bourbon cocktail last night! It was really good, but now that I see fried sage, I’m all like I NEED FRIED SAGE IN MY LIFE NOW. AT LEAST IN MY DRINKS.
    4. I apologize for this numbered list.
    5. Have a great weekend!

cynthia — February 14, 2014 at 3:03 pm

This is perfection!! Bourbon, blood orange, and prosecco sound absolutely divine together — one of those combos I’d never think of, but now that I have heard of it, seem like they were meant to be together. Love it. So glad to be celebrating with you!

Morgan @ Peaches, Please — February 15, 2014 at 2:31 am

Wow. Cocktails are so difficult to craft and this one looks just lovely.

Meredith — February 15, 2014 at 3:20 am

Gorgeous cocktail!

Rachel — February 16, 2014 at 10:01 am

I’ve never thought of using fried sage in a cocktail before – thanks for the idea!

cristina — February 18, 2014 at 5:23 pm

What a beautiful drink with the blood orange and love that touch of sage!