January 4, 2012
back from vacay
Um...happy…feels like Monday, but really, it’s Tuesday?
Come to think of it, today was weird.
The entire day I felt like I was in some alternate universe. My body was going through the typical motions – making breakfast, blowing drying my hair, typing on a keyboard. But my mind was still picturing me relaxing in an adirondack chair at Hotel Del Coronado beach
. Talk about a funky day.
Even though vacation is over, and the thought of booking the next flight out to San Diego
has crossed my mind multiple times, I am glad to be home. If you’ve read CGM for a while, you’ve probably noticed that I am a very routine person. It’s what keeps me centered and focused when everything around me gets crazy.
The funny thing is, my everyday routine is simple. It doesn’t take me much to get back on the saddle of reality.
– Update my calendar and to-do lists
– Catch up on work (i.e. getting back into slacks and taking pictures of myself in the bathroom)
– Pack the standard lunch. Did you know that I eat an apple a day?
– Run at Wash Park. This is the Holy Grail moment of the day for me. Without exercise, I’m pretty sure Mr.B would not be alive.
– Clean around the apartment.
– Sip on a glass of Malbec.
– Read – > books, blogs, or the news.
And that folks, is a standard CGM routine. It may be simple, but it keeps the train on the track if ya know what I’m sayin’.
Question of the Day
: Do you have a routine? If so, what is the highlight? If not, how do you coupe with reentry from a vacation?
P.S. Happy Birthday to my Dad! Love ya!