January 12, 2012
what i’m loving: twenty twelve
Well…I guess it was only a matter of time before old man winter reared his glacial head again. Sigh. Denver received another dusting of snow last night and today.
As much as I love these sporadic warm days in the middle of January, sometimes I feel it would be easier to have six straight weeks of winter and then BAM, spring arrives. No teasing involved just straight and to the point.
Since old man winter won’t be leaving us for a couple of months, let’s talk about something besides the dreaded weather. I was looking through old posts last night and realized I haven’t done a ” What I’m Loving” post in quite a while. Seriously, where are my manners?
Anyways, here are a couple things that I have been lovin’ since the start of 2012….
1. Asian Cusine
– According to the Chinese calender it’s the year of the Dragon, which means, spicy and hot are going to rule the culinary world in 2012. Don’t believe me? Check out the the recent foodie bible where Thai food is hitting the streets in full force. That’s right, I plan on getting my Pad Thai on at least every weekend, whether it’s whipping up a bowl in the kitchen or ordering it from the local Thai shop. Could someone please pass the Sriracha bottle?
– Over Christmas my mother put this vintage necklace in my stocking (love ya ma!) and I have been crushing on it pretty hard. Believe it or not, I used to hate wearing jewelry and looking at accessories. Don’t ask why. Things could get ugly. But now I am completely smitten with long, dangely necklaces and rustic charm bracelets. I definitely want to continue to add to my collection so if you know of any good vintage jewelry sites let me know!
– I am head over in heels in love with sparkling wines. There’s nothing like sipping on a glass of bubbly after a long day at work. My favorite is Prosecco followed by Schramsberg, but this year, I wanted to mix things up. Ya know, get a little crazy. Have you ever heard of sparkling red wine? Have you tried it? If not, let me tell you, it will make your tongue swoon.Seriously, put this on your resolution list to try!
– Mr. B received this album over Christmas and we can’t.stop.listening.to.it. If you like Mumford and Sons, you’ll love Death by Arcade. The album from front to back is brilliant. Go to iTunes right now and download it! Might I recommend #8 – “Problem Solver”.
– Small is the new BIG. After years of carrying around a big, bulky bag, I am convinced that having a smaller bag simplifies everything. Now instead of digging for my iPhone or lip gloss for twenty-three minutes, I can text and look pretty in a matter of seconds. Simple. Easy. No Bullsh*t.
Alright, what are you currently loving?