the midnight giggle with toasted coconut + cgm goals
Happy (almost) New Year!
Can you believe it?
I honestly feel this year has been a complete blur. One minute I’m snow- skiing in Deer Valley with an Olympian. The next, I am in Southern California sipping wine and attending The Big Traveling Potluck. Only to be followed by a trip to Miami for BlogHer Food, more skiing in Steamboat Springs, marinating at Table Rock Lake, and jet setting to Biarritz, France! I would say our trip to Europe was definitely the icing on the cake for 2014, but let’s not forget about yours truly squeezing a cows udder for the first time! Holla.
Even though 2014 was bonkers, I am looking forward to a new start. And with any new start come a few resolutions or goals. Things are going to be a little different for Climbing Grier Mountain in 2015. Here is what I am preposing:
1) Incorporate more lifestyle posts! What does that mean? More travel, fashion, Denver scene situation kind of things.
2) Make food blogger recipes. YES!! Food bloggers work so hard (said in a Jimmy Fallon “so hard” voice) at creating these wonderful recipes that I would actually like to make more of them. I’m still working out on how I would showcase these recipes. Any suggestions welcomed!
3) Weekly series. I want you to get to know me and vice versa on a grill to grill level. I was thinking of doing a Do’s and Don’ts or Must Makes & Haves series. Or, a Bits & Bobs section.
4) Video. Speaking of grill, would you want to see it in action? Okay, not of me eating because that’s major grosstown. But more of, let’s cook and chat real life video style.
5) Tater Tot Cookbook or eBook. A girl can dream right?
Now, you can’t ring in the new year without a little giggle juice, am I right? There is a problem though. I get the “sleeps” around 10pm. I swear I’m eight-seven years-old sometimes. So to give myself a fighting chance to reach midnight, I made a cocktail that will let me keep my buzz. I give you, The Midnight Giggle. Milk, vodka, coffee liqueur, and brown sugar simple syrup shaken up and served with a toasted coconut rim. You’ll sip right into 2015.
Happy (almost) New Year, my friends! Cheers.
The Midnight Giggle with Toasted Coconut
2 ounces milk
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
1/4 ounce brown-sugar simple syrup
1 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes
1 lemon wedge
In a medium sauce pan, add 1 cup brown sugar, splash of vanilla extract, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a slight boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a cocktail shaker, add milk, vodka, coffee liqueur, brown sugar simple syrup, and ice. Shake until combined. Next, pour the toasted coconut onto a plate. take a lemon wedge and run it along the rim of the glass. Dunk the rim of the glass into the coconut flakes. Pour the coffee mixture into the glass and drink. You can double the recipe for more cocktails.
recipe adapted from Rachel Ray MagazineAll images and text ©