Orange Ginger Julep
Orange Ginger Julep is a refreshing winter cocktail perfect for gameday or a cozy night in!
We are t-minus five minutes from the Super Bowl.
My excitement for this years game is at a strong negative two.
I am still distraught about my beloved Chiefs losing to the Patriots. WHY? WHY GOD? I will give Tom Brady all the props in the world because he is good at football, but I am just not thrilled about watching the Patriots try to win another Super Bowl. Am I the only one that feels this way? Are we in Groundhog Day?
Anyway, the one way I can get super excited about watching the game is shoving copious amounts of nachos, little wieners (that doesn’t right), wings and washing it all down with an Orange Ginger Julep. What’s an Orange Ginger Julep? I’m so glad you asked!
This lovely cocktail is actually the sister to the traditional Mint Julep. Mint Julep is traditionally served during the Kentucky Derby when the weather is getting warmer. I can practically feel those sunshine rays. So this got met thinking, why don’t we have a winter version of this refreshing cocktail?
Enter, the Orange Ginger Julep. With it being winter I figured we should highlight some of citrus that is exploding right now especially oranges. Now, you can’t have a Julep without some proper bourbon and the folks over at Black Box Spirits sent me some of their boxed whiskey to try!
You read that correctly. Boxed Whiskey. This whiskey is expertly blended and aged six years in American Oak. With a balance flavor of caramel, oak aromas and hints of rye spiciness, y’all are going to love it. Keep it in the fridge or on a bar cart for easy serving. Just tap and pour!
In case whiskey is not your thing Black Box Spirits also has tequila and vodka! I KNOW! Your Super Bowl party just went from drab to fab. Alright, who’s coming over on Sunday for an Orange Ginger Julep?!
Orange Ginger Julep
- 2 ounces Black Box Spirits Whiskey
- 1 ounce organic brown sugar
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- Garnish with fresh lime and orange slices
- In a cocktail shaker add whiskey, brown sugar, fresh ginger and orange juice. Stir to combine. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Next, fill two cocktail glasses with ice and divide the mixture filling about 3/4 of the way. Add the ginger beer, stir and garnish with fresh lime and orange slices. Enjoy!