Lauren Grier’s mission is to embrace curiosity.
Since she was a little girl mastering the art of mud pies, she has boldly followed her sense of wonder. Defying the norm and uncovering a new method, a new ingredient, a new special something – these are the things that, to her, make cooking one of the grandest experiments in life. She is a self-trained cook who enjoys making meals for her husband, her friends and family, and her daily readers on her blog “Climbing Grier Mountain.” She is a down-to-earth authority on turning every day, ho-hum meals, cocktails and desserts into fresh and flavorful crowd-favorites through a twist of adventure.
As a recipe developer, cook and food blogger, she brings to life such dishes as Easy Chorizo Corn Chowder, French Onion Zoodle Bake, and Coq Au Vin Skillet Pizza. With a blend of beautiful photography and accessible ingredients and instructions, she builds an atmosphere where one can’t help but instantly eat or create whatever she just made. Her fun drink and sweet treat ideas include Apple Ginger Rum Shandy, Carrot Cake Waffle Sandwiches with Cinnamon Frosting, and Caramel & Sea Salt Whiskey Silk Pie with Toasted Marshmallow — just to name a few.
Climbing Grier Mountain is a playground for exploration. Beyond just recipes, Lauren weaves in personal experiences, history and trivia about her dishes. Lauren’s passion is to help readers learn to love to cook, just like she did as a newly married twenty-something who didn’t own a spatula but braved her way through many kitchen crises. Her goal is to inspire new and seasoned cooks with simple, yet exciting ideas to create unforgettable meals.
Lauren is an established and recognized food & travel blogger who has:
• Collaboration and ambassadorship experience with well-known brands such as Coca-Cola, General Mills, Sabra and Lindt Chocolate
• Press from nationally-recognized publications and websites, including Food Network, Bon Appetit, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post and many more
• Made television appearances and featured recipes on NBC and CBS Denver
• Contributed to Cherry Creek Lifestyle Magazine
• A featured presence on PopSugar Select, BlogHer, Nosh.On.It, and Foodista
• Worked with well known domestic and international tourism boards – Scotland, Yountville, California, Germany and many more
When you don’t find Lauren in the kitchen, she is taking pictures, exercising her creative or actual muscles (and taking pictures), or hosting a get-together for the village (otherwise known as her dearest friends). She also loves to unearth distinctive aspects of Denver, where she calls home. Her blog includes travel and “high country” pages that take readers along on Lauren’s ventures to everywhere from scenic mountaintops to placid lakes. Her tips and good-humored inside scoop give readers a taste for beautiful destinations stateside and beyond.